The Aesthetica Short Film Competition has just been launched! Leading the search for filmmakers who are driving the genre of short film forward through inspirational and innovative works the competition provides an opportunity for both new and experienced filmmakers to have their work broadcast to a wider audience. All genres of film are being accepted: drama, documentary, music video, animation, satire, comedy, artists' film and anything else you can think of!
This award offers winners and runners-up a fantastic prize package, including:
- Screenings of your film at: The National Media Museum (Bradford), Rushes Soho Shorts Film Festival (London), Glasgow Film Festival and on the Aesthetica website
- £500 first prize, £250 runner-up
- 12 months membership with Shooting People
- Collection of film books from Wallflower Press
- Winner and 10 runners-up to be included on a DVD that will go to all Aesthetica readers.
Films should be up to 20 minutes long. Entries are due in April 2010 - detailed guidelines and entry are here.